PayGuardian/PayGuardianWEB – Pharmacy-Specific Features
- RxRelation Form – Prompts the customer for their relationship to the patient. Possible relationships are:
Power of Attorney
- RxYesNo Form – Prompts the customer with the text provided (customizable) and allows the customer to select â€˜Yesâ€™or â€˜Noâ€™. For example: Do you understand the side effects of this medication?
- RxCounsel Form – Text will be displayed at the top of the screen, and the Customer will be presented with 5 check box options:
How to Use
Warnings and Precautions
Speak to Pharmacist
The customer will have 3 button options: Back, Next, and Skip Counsel. The customer can also select as many checkbox options as needed.
- Line Display Screen – Customizable form that allows a scrolling list of items to be displayed (such as products), including two lines of header text.
- Clear Line Display – Allows for the clearing of the data currently displayed on the device screen.
- Set a Custom Screen – Allows a custom form to be displayed on the device. No events will be propagated back to the integrated POS; only a Success/Fail response will be returned indicating whether or not the screen was successfully displayed.
- Healthcare Support – PayGuardian also provides support for healthcare industry transactions (FSA or HSA accounts) through use of the Extended Data fields. The additional healthcare specific fields and associated amounts will need to be specified. The only required parameter value is HealthCareAmt. Amounts for optional healthcare specific fields can be specified to the HealthCareAmt to indicate how much was spent on:
Dental and Clinic
- Signature Capture – Available option with a PayGuardian integrated signature capture device. Can be prompted by the device or by the integrated POS.
- Custom branding with Images – Available as an option but the custom forms must be created and built independently. The software can be obtained directly from the Hardware vendor (i.e. Ingenico, etc.).
- Point-to-Point Encryption – Available
- Tokenization – Tokens can be generated as a new transaction by passing a $0.00 amount with a Credit Card transaction using the transaction type of TOKENADD. After initial generation, tokens can be used to process a credit card transaction as â€˜Card not presentâ€™.
PayGuardian/PayGuardianWEB – Basic Core Features
1. Does PayGuardian allow for an accept RX Message of our choice to display with a product list?
Yes, we have a form that displays a message such as a Hippa agreement and requires a â€˜Yesâ€™ or â€˜Noâ€™ selection, or you can request a signature.
2. Does PayGuardian allow multiple languages of our choice? Can the POS supply the desired text for each possible prompt?
This second option may allow for the POS to control multiple languages.
You can submit any text you like as long as it is in ASCII format.
3. Does PayGuardian allow for a previous request sent by the POS to be cancelled from the POS?
Yes, the transaction process flow is POS driven and not device driven.
4. Does PayGuardian give the POS the ability to listen for events initiated by the customer on the payment pad such as a card swipe, card insert, or other payment action?
This is opposed to the POS sending a request and then waiting for the response.
No it is all POS driven.
5. Is PayGuardian using RBA or OPOS or JPOS?
JPOS drivers for the UIA interface.
6. Once PayGuardian is in a card collection mode (or any other mode) can the POS make a call to interrupt/reset the isc250â€™s state?
7. When using the tokenization/vaulting do credit card charges use the token to charge, or would the POS pull the raw credit card data and pass it back through as a card not present transaction?
The transaction is sent as card not present using a token.
8. Does card vaulting ever return the raw card number if requested?
Never, only the token will be returned.
New Prospect-Specific Questions
1. Idle, sets to not processing a transaction. This displays a large custom image for each store. The MSR is off during this state. Custom forms can be used and called via PayGuardian to display on the device.
2. The following custom screens are available via the POS system and would need to display on the device: Welcome message, Wait message, Thank you message, and Swipe message. This displays a custom image at top of screen with a welcome message in English with the customer having the ability to select their language. The MSR is on during this state. PayGuardian does not limit the number of custom forms that you can use, but does not have the ability to select a language.
3. Show and Accept Products. This displays the products being purchased with an message in the language being used. The customer must hit the accept key in order for the sale to complete. The customer can change languages from this screen. The MSR is off during this state. The POS system can choose to bypass or cancel this screen while it is displayed. You can use the line display screen option, but PayGuardian does not have the ability to select a language.
4. Collect Signature. This displays the total of the sale and collects a signature. The customer can change languages from this screen. The MSR is off during this state. The POS system can choose to bypass or cancel this screen while it is displayed. OUR POS SYSTEM HAS THE ABILITY TO COLLECT JUST ONE SIGNATURE FOR MULTIPLE CARDS WITHIN ONE SALES TRANACTION. OUR POS SYSTEM ALSO COLLECTS A SIGNATURE FOR SALES PAID FOR WITH OTHER TENDERS WHEN THERE ARE PRESCRIPTIONS INVOLVED. PayGuardian can collect a signature at any point and process a signature only transaction, but cannot process the signature under multiple languages and cannot group multiple cards under one signature. Each payment card requires a separate signature.
5. Listens for a card read event. This must be POS driven. PayGuardian waits for the call from the POS to drive the event.
6. Listens for a signature event. This must be POS driven. PayGuardian waits for the call from the POS to drive the event.